Contraindications to spa treatment---
Contraindications to spa treatment or spa rehabilitation:
- medical condition in which spa treatment or spa rehabilitation with the use of natural medicinal resources could worsen the patient’s health;
- acute contagious disease;
- pregnancy and postpartum period;
- active neoplastic disease and the period of:
- 5 years from: malignant melanoma, leukemia, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, malignant lymphoma, kidney cancer,
- 12 months from the end of surgical treatment, chemotherapy or radiotherapy (excluding hormone treatments) in the case of other malignant neoplasia.
In case of contraindications to spa treatment, the physician may refer the patient to a consultation with a competent specialist.