Treatment of children with coma---
The programme covers comprehensive treatment of patients who stay in coma. According to the recommendations of the therapeutic team, the services include:
- medical and nursing care;
- tests ordered by a physician;
- pain treatment;
- spasticity treatment with the use of botulinum toxin;
- psychological care of the patient and their family;
- enteral and parenteral nutrition;
- supply of medical goods and auxiliary measures necessary for the provision of the guaranteed service.
The programme concerns patients who meet the following criteria:
- patients who received 6 to 8 points in the Glasgow Coma Scale (GSC);
- patients remaining in coma in the period no longer than 12 months from the moment of injury or 6 months from the moment of nontraumatic coma onset;
- stability of the basic life parameters;
- respiratory stability without mechanical support;
- patient’s age from 2 to 18 years old (patients who were less than 18 years old when the treatment commenced).