Palliative and hospice care---
The services guaranteed under palliative and hospice care constitute a comprehensive and complete care of the diseased and symptomatic treatment of patients with terminal diseases which cannot be treated symptomatically as well as progressive and life limiting diseases. This type of care is focused on the improvement of the quality of life by preventing and alleviating pain and other somatic symptoms as well as mitigating mental, spiritual and social suffering.
The conditions for the provision of the service are:
- presentation of a referral issued by a health insurance physician;
- medical state, particularly the patient’s disease (e.g. a tumour, trauma or congenial development malformation) which does not give any hope for recovery.
Services under palliative and hospice care are provided in the following conditions:
- stationary – in a stationary hospice or a palliative care unit;
- domiciliary – in a home hospice for adults or children who are less than 18 years old;
- outpatient – in palliative care clinics.
Rozporządzenie Ministra Zdrowia z dnia 29 października 2013 r. w sprawie świadczeń gwarantowanych z zakresu opieki paliatywnej i hospicyjnej (Dz.U. z 2013 r., poz. 1347)