Dentistry deals with the treatment of teeth, parodontium and oral cavity diseases. The patient is entitled to choose any institution or dentist from among those who offer dental health services under an agreement with the NFZ (National Health Fund). When it comes to dental treatment, the refund applies to general dental services, dental surgery and periodontology, protetics and immediate dental assistance. The dentist, to the extent necessary to provide the guaranteed services, provides patients with diagnostic tests, drugs and medical goods and adjuncts. The persons who visit the dentist with pain are granted services on the day of their visit.
Under the guaranteed services the patients are entitled to the following:
- medical dental examination with oral cavity hygiene instruction once every 12 months;
- health check 3 times in the period 12 months;
- intraoral X-ray;
- humus treatment;
- anaesthesia for treatments;
- tooth removal;
- treatment of mutations in oral mucosa;
- removal of calculus;
- services with regard to endodontic treatment (root canal therapy) of front teeth in adults, and all teeth in children and pregnant women in the puerperal period.
Once every 5 years under the guaranteed services the patients are entitled to prosthetic treatment of 5 – 8 teeth missing from the jaw with the use of mobile partial dentures. In case of total lack of teeth the patients are entitled to a complete prosthesis once every 5 years. In the case of persons after surgery of tumours within the facial skeleton, the prosthesis are granted without any time constraints.
The patients are also entitled to free prosthesis repair once every 2 years.
Children and teenagers who are less than 18 years old are additionally entitled to the following:
- securing furrows of sixth teeth with fissure sealment – once until 7 years of age;
- polishing of all permanent teeth;
- impregnation of deciduous teeth dentine;
- humus treatment in deciduous and permanent teeth;
- cosmetic coverage of underdeveloped tooth enamel in permanent teeth;
- treatment of parodontium diseases;
- orthodontic treatment until 12 years of age;
- composite laser filling.
Rozporządzenie Ministra Zdrowia z dnia 6 listopada 2013 r. w sprawie świadczeń gwarantowanych z zakresu leczenia stomatologicznego (Dz.U. z 2013 r., poz 1426)