Entities that perform therapeutic activity---
Therapeutic activity consist in providing health services, promoting health and carrying out didactic or research activities.
Types of therapeutic activity:
- stationary and 24-hour healthcare services:
- other than hospital (care and rehabilitation of patients who do not require hospitalisation and provision of care for patients in terminal condition). Stationary and 24-hour healthcare services other than hospital services are provided in the following institutions: care and therapeutic unit, nursing and care unit, therapeutic rehabilitation unit and hospice.
- outpatient healthcare services (primary healthcare, outpatient specialist services, etc.).
Therapeutic entities are:
- entrepreneurs as defined by the Freedom of Economic Activity Act,
- independent public health care units,
- budgetary units,
- research institutes,
- foundations and associations whose statutory purpose is to perform healthcare tasks and whose Articles of Association allow carrying out therapeutic activity,
- churches, ecclesiastical legal persons or religious unions (within the scope of their therapeutic activity).
Physicians and nurses may also perform their therapeutic activity in the form of professional practice – individual or in groups.
Detailed information regarding the number and distribution of entities that carry out therapeutic activity in Poland is available on the following website: https://www.rpwdl.csioz.gov.pl