Recognition of other medical professions qualifications obtained in or previously recognized by other EU member state (including member states of European Economic Area and Switzerland)---
The Minister of Health in the Republic of Poland is a competent authority to recognized other medical professions qualifications in accordance with the general system for the recognition of evidence of training on condition that:
- the European Union citizen has got evidence of formal qualifications issued by other European Union Member State (including member states of European Economic Area and Switzerland)
- the European Union citizen has got evidence of formal qualifications issued by country other than European Union member state and has got three years’ professional experience in the profession concerned on the territory of the member state which recognized this evidence of formal qualifications, both certified by that member state. Please note that the three years of professional experience are to be completed within five years prior to applying to the Minister of Health for recognition of those qualifications.
In accordance with the Act of 22nd December 2015 on the rules governing recognition of professional qualifications acquired in EU Member States (Journal of Laws of 2016 poz. 65) applicants are to fill in an application to the Minister of Health to start the recognition procedure.
However, if you are a bio-medical scientist please contact the Bio-medical Scientists National Chamber: www.kidl.org.pl.
And if you are a physiotherapist please contact the National Chamber of Physiotherapists: http://www.kif.info.pl/.
The application is an appendix No. 1 to the regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 9th October 2008 on the models of the forms submitted to initiate the procedure for the recognition of professional qualifications.
To the application there must be enclosed – a copy of the ID card or passport confirmed as true copy and originals or confirmed as true copies by the authority (either Polish or from other EU or EEA member state) entitled to make such confirmation (for example: university etc.) – of the following documents:
- confirmation of charge payment of 700,00 PLN:
Miodowa 15, 00-952 Warszawa,
account No. 69 1010 1010 0013 1322 3100 0000,
For international transfers please use: kod SWIFT: NBPLPLPW; IBAN: PL 69 1010 1010 0013 1322 3100 0000
- diploma/ certificates;
- full education program that was followed during studies (with detailed description of subjects and amount of hours );
- other documents confirming that applicant obtained the professional qualifications (registration number, etc);
- documents confirming professional experience if applicant chooses so and
- the certificate from the competent authority confirming that the applicant has the right to pursue this profession in accordance with the law of his/her home member state (certificate of competence containing information about the level of qualifications indicated in the art. 11 of the Directive 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications);
- the certificate from the competent authority of the member state confirming that the qualification of the applicant has been recognized in this member state and that the applicant has got three years’ professional experience in the profession concerned on the territory of the member state which recognized that evidence of formal qualifications;
- the name of the profession or professional title translated by the sworn translator.
All the enclosed documents must be accompanied by the translation into Polish language made by the translator.
If the Minister of Health has found:
- Substantial differences in education or training;
- That the duration of the education or training pursued in the home state is at least one year shorter than the one required in the Republic of Poland;
- That the scope and duration of professional activities are not enough to cover in full or in part the substantial difference in question,
the Minister of Health has the right to apply compensation measures:
- to complete an adaptation period of up to three years or
- to take an aptitude test.
In such case, the applicant will be offered the choice between an adaptation period and an aptitude test.
Please note that all legal documents (acts and regulations) are available in Polish at the website of the Government Legislative Center (Rządowe Centrum Legislacji): www.rcl.gov.pl.
The documents uploaded on their website are legaly binding.