Authorization, authentication, legalization of documents issued by Polish authorities---
ATTENTION! From 1 February 2018 the Minister of Health will no longer be a competent authority for authorization/authentication/legalization of documents issued by the medical universities.
From 1 February 2018 due to entering into force of the Act on National Agency for Academic Exchange (ustawa o Narodowej Agencji Wymiany Akademickiej) the authorization, authentication, legalization of following documents issued by the medical universities:
- Dyploma with its suplement, their copies including those in foreign language;
- Certificates of completion of postgraduate studies;
- Duplicates of diplomas and certificates of completion of postgraduate studies;
- Certificates of completion of studies;
- Phd and habilitation diplomas as well as their copies and duplicates
– will be conducted by the National Agency for Academic Exchange.
Narodowa Agencja Wymiany Akademickiej
Ogrodowa 28/30 (temporary address)
tel. 22 390 35 00.
The authorization, authentication, legalization of other documents issued by the medical universities not mentioned above conducts the medical university that issued such documents.
In order to have your documents legalized you are to make an appointment with the public officer in the Ministry of Health.
The legalization is conducted from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 13 p.m.
To make an appointment you can call under the following numbers:
+ 48 22 86 01 195,
+ 48 22 86 01 196,
+ 48 22 86 01 203,
+ 48 22 86 01 204.
You have to bring with you: proof of payment of the charge and documents you want to have legalized. Please note that we do not legalize the wall diploma as well as copies of the original diploma in Polish.
Please note that you have to present us with the original recipe of the payment (proof of payment). If you transfer the money via internet, you will have to present us the print confirmation of the transfer.
We kindly remind that on the Polish diploma issued by the medical university there is a place for a signature of the diploma holder (just under the picture). Please check before applying that you present us with the diploma bearing the signature of the diploma holder. A diploma that is not signed by its holder will not be legalized.
In case of documents issued by the medical universities, the following documents can be legalized provided that they are signed by either Rektor, Prorektor, Dziekan or Prodziekan: original diploma in hard cover in Polish with its supplement, copy of your diploma in English with its supplement and other documents issued by your University, post-graduate certificate or Phd diploma.
The charge for legalization of the following original documents:
– diploma in Polish (in hard cover),
– post-graduate certificate,
– Phd diploma
is 19 PLN, which is to be paid on the following account:
ul. Miodowa 15, 00-952 Warszawa,
Narodowy Bank Polski o/o Warszawa
69 1010 1010 0013 1322 3100 0000
title: opłata za legalizację
Please note that should you wish to legalize original documents:
– issued by Centrum Egzaminów Medycznych (certificate confirming that you have passed Lekarski Egzamin Końcowy or Lekarsko – Dentystyczny Egzamin Końcowy, diploma confirming that you have obtained the specialist title) or
– the license to practice issued by the appropriate chamber
than the charge is 26 PLN, which is to be paid on the following account:
DZIELNICA ŚRÓDMIEŚCIE M.ST. WARSZAWY
ul. Nowogrodzka 43, 00-691 Warszawa,
60 1030 1508 0000 0005 5001 0038
title: opłata za legalizację.